Monday, February 21, 2011

Pardon the interruption, we will have a moment of silence

And then a very large freak-out.

So, apparently our email system has UPGRADED. I'm sure it's got lots of nice, new, lovely things, but for the moment, I am going to do this:


Ahem.

For those of you who don't know me, I am what we might politely call, "detail-oriented." This translates to "pain in the neck when people change things." Microsoft updates Office, and sets Word's default font to Courier New: I get mad. The paragraph settings are 10 pt after. I get irate. Someone moves my mail-cubby in the office. Sparks fly.

After having this sort of reaction far too many times, I have come to realize plainly and simply that it is me. I don't like things changing once I am used to them.

So, email system, you are on notice. I hate your new font, and my inability to change it.

2 comments:

  1. I understand your pain. I get irritated with the auto correct features in Microsoft Office, often to the point of yelling at my computer. I haven't checked out the new ugamail yet, I have everything forwarded to my gmail account, but now I'm curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now it's all looking normal, but there will be more flailing if it looks BIZARRE again.

    Yes, totally painful feeling, Tori :D

    ReplyDelete