Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A further thought on this Blackboard grading thing

I am seriously thinking I need a dual-monitor set up. I have found that I can have the grading system open in multiple tabs or windows. This means that, with enough monitor space, I could have the grading open in one spot while having the discussion submissions open in another. Side-by-side. This would also make grading the comments easier, as I have to create grading columns for them in Blackboard (for the blogs, it's set up while you're setting up the blogs, and the gradebook column will thus pull up submissions in the blog forum).

Sigh.

I've been thinking about this since last semester, when I used my netbook to type papers on, and my office desktop for the internet (browsing, using google book search to find page numbers, etc.). I think it's about time.

4 comments:

  1. I think everyone should have dual monitors! It would make writing a lot more easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously. I would kill for that. My adviser has three!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found myself utilizing both of my computers tonight while writing my dissertation. I found it to be a space and time saver. At least, that's what I'm telling myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love that too! If I have my laptop at school I often find myself using both that and my desktop...especially if I'm grading and entering grades into eLC.

    ReplyDelete